Tuesday, October 20, 2009

'Open rebuke is better
Than love carefully concealed.
Faithful are the wounds of a friend,
But the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.
A satisfied soul loathes the honeycomb,
But to a hungry soul every bitter thing is sweet.'
-Proverbs 27:5-7

As hard as criticism can be, sometimes it is necessary, loving, and helpful. Have I finally learned this? Thanks to God, I have experienced some of it this last week, though I'm sure I won't always take rebuke well or listen to sound advice (neither did I take this well in every respect). It is both hard to give and receive reproof.

If you look up the word "rebuke" on someplace like www.biblegateway.com, you will find many references in relation to the wisdom of taking advice, especially in the Proverbs.

I hope I continue to listen, learn, and put into practice what I have heard and learned this week and always! God has been so good to put these people in my life, and to open my eyes to things I had not seen before in His law!

No comments: