Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Lord's Day

A Sabbath well spent brings a week of content, and health for the toils of tomorrow,
but a Sabbath profaned whate’er may be gained is a certain forerunner of sorrow.

-Sir Matthew Hale

Make the Lord’s Day the market for thy soul.
-John Bunyan

There is nothing in which I would recommend you to be more strictly resolute than in keeping the Sabbath holy. I can truly declare that to me the institution of the Sabbath has been invaluable.
-William Wilberforce


Just read this interesting short article, which basically goes along with what I believe concerning the Sabbath, though I'm still learning and thinking about it. I don't know that the verse in Hebrews applies the way they said (if you think so, explain it to me, please!), but otherwise it's pretty good and inspiring.

3 comments:

Mrs. E said...

AMEN!!!

Love~ Jenny

Salomé du Toit said...

I love the quotes.
Hope you're well. :)

Hannah said...

Blessings! I would appreciate it if you could put my button on your site--you have a lovely site and I think we support the same ideals concerning dresswearing and headcovering.
Hannah
www.ornaments-of-great-price.blogspot.com