Friday, April 24, 2009

Blessings


Berried Cedar Waxwing
Originally uploaded by Fort Photo
Things I'm thankful for today:

* Songs of praise to God (I enjoy "Doxology" by Sandi Patty)
* Jobs to do, like vacuuming and baking
* Chocolate cake (I mustn't let it burn)
* Joel and Charity are coming here tonight!
* Cool air (AC, though it's not overly hot outside, either)
* Birds (we can see more from our back yard here, because there are more trees)
* Bible reading and family to enjoy it with
* My own little room (though I enjoyed sharing a room with my sister, too)
* New furniture and tools
* A greater sense of purpose

Thank you, God!

What are you thankful for today? Even if you aren't having a good day, there must be something you can think of that is good. :) In fact, we should even be happy for the trials we go through (easier said than done, I know)!

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. - James 1:2-3

3 comments:

Adina said...

Awesome picture!

Melissa M. said...

Yes, isn't it? You can click on it to see it bigger and who took it.

Miss Jen said...

What beautiful things
to be thankful for!!!
Oh and what a marvelous photo.
Hope you and your family have a
blessed weekend, Melissa!

Love in Christ,
Jen