Monday, February 9, 2009

Quotes

A good quote I found on another "Clothed with Scarlet" blog:
"We must quit bending the Word to suit our situation. It is we who must be bent to that Word, our necks that must bow under the yoke." -Elisabeth Elliot

I'm not sure who wrote this next one (apparently it's a hymn, maybe anonymous), but Spurgeon quoted it and I like it. God is gracious!

"Rise, my soul! adore and wonder!
Ask, 'O why such love to me?'
Grace hath put me in the number
Of the Saviour's family:
Hallelujah!
Thanks, eternal thanks to Thee."

2 comments:

Mrs. E said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. E said...

What wise words!
Elisabeth Elliot has such poignant way of putting things. I also enjoyed the short hymn....rich words indeed!! Hope you are having a wonderful day.

Blessings,
Miss Jen