Thursday, January 15, 2015

A Gift of Energy

Tonight I felt a surge of energy and joy, like I was almost weightless, not bogged down and tired as I often am.  I felt as if I could do fifty push-ups, a hundred jumping jacks, and sing a dozen songs.

I don't know why it came--was it the Clif bar I ate, the part of a sermon we listened to from our elder about our incorruptible inheritance, the songs we sang ("O God, Our Help in Ages Past" and "All Things Shall Perish; Thou Dost Remain") the creative things I'd been looking at online, someone praying for me, a combination of all of them--or an unrelated gift from God?  I don't know, though I do know the sermon and songs lifted my spirits.

In any case, I'm thankful for it.  Yes, it came at ten-o'clock at night, but I'll take that.  It made washing dishes easier (I was singing "We're Walking in the Air," ha).

Good night, everyone, and may God give you all the strength you need to carry on.  His grace is sufficient, even for the hardest, most trying circumstances!

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  - 2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments: