Friday, March 22, 2013

Damascus Countdown - Book Review



This is the third book in a series. It was very hard to put down once begun. The story is written in snippets from characters ranging from the wicked rulers to the CIA agents to the girl back home, and each section had something interesting to offer. Sometimes it was a bit annoying to change scenes in the middle of something exciting, but the each new scene would make up for it.

I read it in two days (took a break for a few days partly out of necessity--and I admit I wanted to see if I could beat my record of reading the last Rosenberg book in three days).

I don't know if I agree with everything, mostly the Holy Spirit speaking to people, almost as if audibly, but then again I have relatives who have gotten strong impressions of things from God (not voices), which I believe is in keeping with what Scriptures say. There was quite a lot of violence and darkness and that was a bit taxing and depressing at times. However, it did make me want to study the Bible more on the subject of eschatology, and to want to witness more to people.

And I appreciated that there were hopeful notes throughout the story, as well--a testament that God is always in control and that even in the darkest times there is grace and a remnant of God's people.

I received a copy for review from Tyndale, but I was not required to post a positive review.

No comments: