Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Has God Forgotten the Sin of the Unforgiven?

Quote from Spurgeon's book, The Treasury of David:
Psalm 10, verse 11.--"He hath said in his heart, God hath forgotten: he hideth his face; he will never see it." Because the Lord continues to spare them [the wicked], therefore they go on to provoke him. As he adds to their lives, so they add to their lusts. What is this, but as if a man should break all his bones because there is a surgeon who is able to set them again? . . . . . Because justice seems to wink, men suppose her blind; because she delays punishment, they imagine she denies to punish them; because she does not always reprove them for their sins, they suppose she always approves of their sins. But let such know, that the silent arrow can destroy as well as the roaring cannon. Though the patience of God be lasting, yet it is not everlasting." --William Secher.

Praise the Lord for forgiving, for blotting out my sin, though I am as depraved (wicked) as anyone! Yet I do not want to displease my Savior, though I often do. I need Thee every hour, oh Lord.

No comments: