Saturday, August 22, 2020

"I Love to Tell the Story" Book Review

Oops! I was supposed to post this two days ago. I even had the draft all ready. Sorry, Faith! 


Her heart is in the right place…
Bored with her life in Castle Town, Montana, Lillian Sullivan follows her friend’s suggestion and joins the horseback librarian program in rural Kentucky. Not only does she anticipate sharing her love of books, but she also wants to spread the gospel among the mountain people.

However, Willow Hollow presents her with one trouble after another and she struggles to step outside her shyness to share the gospel.

What will it take for Lillian to share her love of the Best Story? Can the power of the gospel overcome the shyness of her own heart?

This novella is part of a series with different authors, but can easily be read as a standalone.


My review:
A sweet story of a pack-horse librarian named Lillian, who leaves the home of her father in order to share books and hope with the mountain folk of Kentucky. She is friendly and caring, but has a few hurdles to overcome. First there is a crotchety old man named Crow (favorite character), and then there is her own pride in why she finds it hard to share the gospel. This story speaks deeply and painfully to me, since I have an even harder time sharing with people. I'm a Calvinist, so I might not say "God loves you," to a random person, so it's a bit harder to know what to say, but that's more of an excuse than anything. Anyway, good book with good characters! I like the sweet interaction between Lillian and her father. There's no romance in this book at all, which is nice for a change. 4/5 stars.





1 comment:

Diwakar said...

Hello Malissa. I AM a Pastor from Mumbai India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you as a child of God and about your interest in reading and reviewing books. It was good to stop by your book review on "I Love to Tell the Story" Glad to know about your Godly heritage passed on to your by your Dad. I love getting connected wit the people of God around the globe to be encouraged strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 41yrs in this great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokeneharted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. wE would love to have you come with your friends to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experiene. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you your family and friends also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered new year 2021. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede