Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Empire's End - Book Review

Empire's EndEmpire's End by Jerry B. Jenkins

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This story weaves in the Biblical epistles of Paul quite seamlessly into the story of his life. Much of the story was added, but not outside the realm of possibility, I believe. Some of it did seem unlikely, and I regretted that divorce was easily accepted by Paul and kisses sought at inappropriate times (one star off for that).  Overall, however, I really enjoyed this book. Paul was made out to be very human, yet bold and humble, growing in grace, and strong in the faith, matching up with what the Bible conveys about him. The message was inspiring and the end of the story touching. It left off a bit early in Paul's life, and I wonder if there will be a sequel (there is a prequel, I found out at the end).  The story-telling itself is not intricate--it is a straight-forward, first-person narrative, but with enough descriptions to add life.

Thanks, netgalley, for allowing me to review this book!

No comments: