Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"The Betrayal" Review

 
I just finished The Betrayal, which I quoted from in my last post. Here is my review.

Maybe it wasn't quite as riveting as I was expected, but it certainly had its riveting moments, and it was all-around fascinating, since I had not known much at all about Calvin's life, just his doctrine (which, granted, is a big part of who he was and a big part of his life). The story is written from the view-point of Calvin's enemy, who plans to take his revenge. I'm not sure if he was a real character, but the situation seems quite plausible. I learned quite a bit about Calvin's life and work, and the ending was touching. Would that my faith were as strong and loving as these martyrs of old, but I am thankful for God's grace and even a small measure of faith! I am glad for such a solid, well-researched work and hope to read more like it in the future!

No comments: