Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Marie Durand - Book Review

Marie DurandMarie Durand by Simonetta Carr

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This is a beautiful book, with illustrations ranging from paintings to photographs of various places and things, making it extra interesting for children and adults.

It is written matter-of-factually, yet occasionally with imagination.  The main theme of this historical piece is to remain strong in the Lord, not falsifying things (denying the Lord) in order to gain an easy life.  Marie Durand is indeed a woman worthy of note and emulation.

I like the extra "Did you know?" tidbits at the end of the book, as well as the letter written by Marie herself.  That is perhaps the most touching and inspiring of all, for her trust in God is obvious, as well as her encouragement and humility, and it's amazing to be able to read her very words.

My thanks go to Cross Focused Reviews for my complimentary copy.  I was not required to give a positive review; all thoughts are my own.

No comments: